Monday, July 12, 2010

Dr Jensen left us all the tools...

...we just had to learn to use them.

While reading an article in an organic gardening magazine I read about a 100 year old farm tool called a wheel hoe. It is still used today and has changed very little since 1890. I immediatly thought about getting one to assist in preparing the garden beds rather than using a pick, shovel and hoe like we had been doing.

The funny thing is that while walking the property last week I realized I had a wheel hoe sitting right next to the barn. All this time we had the tools; we just didn't realize it! So here are a few pics of Van sharpening the blade then using it to plow our new children's garden (more details to come). I'm sure this wheel hoe is at least 50 years old so it must have been used while Dr Jensen was here. Thanks Dr. J!



No comments:

Post a Comment